Board of Education
At the heart of Granite City School District #9 lies a hard-working, resilient community that takes pride in fostering an inclusive, innovative, and diverse educational experience for all students. We are dedicated to continuous improvement, supporting students’ academic success, overall growth, and a safe environment through equity, advocacy, empowerment, and community involvement.
GCSD9 BOARD MEETING - Feb. 27 - PDF
We Believe That:
- Children are at the foundation of every thought we have, every decision we make, and every action we take.
- We have high expectations for the success of all students.
- All children can learn, albeit at different rates and to different levels, with appropriate assistance.
- Education is a people business; therefore, developing good relationship is key.
- Communication is vital for success.
- Decisions should always be made based on data.
- The District's Curriculum and instruction is linked to the state's learning standards and is research-based.
- Continuous, focused professional development results in highly-effective staff members.
- Highly-effective teachers and school leaders, as well as trained support staff, results in increased student achievement.
- Parents/guardians, families, and the community are our partners.
- Education is the key to economic advancement. Poverty can, and will, be eliminated through advanced education of our population.
- The board is a collection of elected members from around Granite City that are committed to upholding the values of the district and allow every student to get the most out of the educational process provided at the Granite City School District.